HBM - Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH (USA) - Inside technical sales engineer will play a pivotal role in sales and pre-sales process, as the first technical interaction between a prospective customer and HBM.
Inside sales will qualify leads by asking probing questions to gain understanding of the customer’s needs, the applications, seriousness of the enquiry, and real sales potential (i.e. budget, authority, need, and timing). Once the prospect is qualified Inside Sales will pass the opportunity along to the outside sales engineer, retain ownership of the opportunity themselves, or hand the opportunity off to customer support for follow up.
The goal of this position is to provide strong a technical sales contact to quickly respond to customer needs, and at the same time free up time for the outside sales engineers to pursue larger more time consuming opportunities.
Inside Technical Sales and the outside sales engineer will work closely to manage to territory to provide second to none customer responsiveness, and support.
- Extensive interaction with customers and prospects via phone and email
- Have the ability to deduce from customers all facts to adequately recommend a satisfactory product solution
- Identify new sales opportunities when talking with prospective customers
- Strong technical understanding of all HBM products, and the ability to perform basic hardware demonstrations over WeBex sessions
- Diligently log sales activities and opportunities in CRM
- Qualify leads provided within CRM system
- Prepare and send quotations and correspondence
- Respond to invitations for bids
- Develop new business and maintain existing customer loyalty
- Excellent verbal, listening and questioning skills are required
- Strong technical aptitude – Mechanical or Electrical
- Bachelor degree preferable in a technical field
- Bachelor degree in Engineering preferabl Electrical, Mechanical
- Inside technical sales experience with a minimum of 3 to 5 years
- Background in instrumentation, test or data acquisition a plus
- Technical ability to learn diverse product line
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Must be organized and have ability to set priorities
- Must have desire to learn and work in sales office environment
- Must be capable of handling many cases in parallel
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and WebEx tools
- US citizenship or green card required
HBM, is a global leaderin the field of precision test, physical measurement analysis and data acquisition technologies. Our wide range of products includes sensors, transducers, strain gauges, industrial amplifiers, data acquisition systems, measurement and analysis software, and calibration services. HBM provides top-notch solutions in wide range of multiple industries: automotive, aerospace, military, machinery, mining, rail, academic research, construction, and energy applications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Champaign/Urbana area, IL, USA.
Other Articles from HBM - Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH (Germany)
© HBM - Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH (Germany) / International Weighing Review