Ishida Europe Ltd. (United Kingdom) - As the medicinal cannabis market continues to see rapid growth, there will be a need for specialised solutions to meet the challenging demands of cannabis processing and packaging.
Introduction to the Event:
The medicinal Cannabis market is a fast growing sector and with such demand comes the need to increase production without a significant rise in operating costs. With pharmaceutical grade cannabis being such an expensive product it is important that nothing is lost during the processing and packaging stages.
Key Learning Objectives:
In this session we will address customer challenges in how to improve accuracy and reduce giveaway using weighing technology, how to achieve high levels of quality control within the production environment. Innovations in packaging technology by adding flexibility and simplicity to the packing process. With a unique guide to automation from two unrivalled world leaders.
- Introduction and overview of the medicinal cannabis industry and the packaging challenges faced
- Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines delivered by: Aldo Vidinha – Founder & CEO Stepwise Pharma & Engineering
- Ishida will deliver best practice in using automation in packaging to achieve improved weighing efficiency to reduce giveaway and deliver enhanced quality control to meet market expectation
- Discover how the unique Schur®Star Packaging Concept can benefit your business, the combination of the pouch packaging machine and pre-made bags, deliver a flexible approach with gentle handling, enhanced security, with no product loss or waste.
- Overall the participants will leave with knowledge of the benefits of using a fully automated system
Please join us to learn how the benefits of packaging automation can help in this fast growing market.
There will also be a live Q&A at the conclusion of the presentations.
This webinar will be recorded and sent to everyone who registers (also if you are not able to attend).
Darren Chandler, Project Engineering Manager:
Darren joined Ishida in 2008 as a Project Manager after amassing 16 years’ experience in the Dairy and Snacks sectors. He now holds the position of Project Engineering Manager overseeing the Central Projects and Snacks Engineering teams striving to deliver Ishida projects and solutions.
Aldo Vidinha, Founder & CEO Stepwise Pharma & Engineering:
Internationally experienced leader with over 12 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry in areas such as Engineering, Validation & Qualification, GMP Compliance, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing.
Co-founder and former COO of Holigen, a Portuguese GMP Medicinal Cannabis licensed producer.
Project lead for CapEx projects up to € 18 million in major international pharmaceutical players.
Expert in Medicinal Cannabis industry, being the only Portuguese expert that has led and delivered a fully licensed Medicinal Cannabis company and facilities.
Bent Rahbek, Director Schur®Sta:
Bent has worked for Schur for more than 30 years.
Bent heads up the machine part of the Schur®Star Concept, dealing with sales, development, project management, assembly and installation.
Ian Weston, UK Sales Manager:
Ian has been working for Schur since 2014, having amassed over 33 years in the packaging industry. Ian is now Sales manager of the Schur UK operation delivering the innovative packing and packaging concept.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Knowledge on how automation can deliver improved weighing accuracy and a reduction in giveaway
- Understanding of the key innovation in pouch packaging design
- Clarity over the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements around packaging automation
- Production Managers/ Directors
- Quality Control Managers/ Directors
- Onsite Production Engineers
- CTO/ CEO
- Procurement Managers/ Directors
- Research & Development Managers
- Regional governing bodies
Interested? Submit your enquiry using the form below:
Only available for registered users. Sign In to your account or register here.