Calog Instruments, local distributor of process control instrumentation and specialised systems, has proudly announced that their 4004/5004 panel-mount load cell indicator has become their overall best-seller, and a favourite product for the accurate and reliable weighing and control of materials. Acknowledged as an industry standard, it has found application in virtually all industries, for example:
- Breweries – malt storage silo’s, mixer’s and finished product weighing
- Brick & Block yards – cement and aggregate weighing and batching
- Feed weighing – storage silos and batching
- Food & Beverage – storage silo levels, mixing and blending of raw materials, including margarine, oils, spices, additives and most other raw materials
- Batch Control and Stress Testing
The CALOG5004 has additional features such as a 20-bit analog to digital converter for ultra-high resolution, and the excitation is user selectable for normal or ATEX applications. Programmable display increments (steps) and a switch mode power supply to power four load cells are standard.
A feature of these programmable indicators is the calibration method. The instrument can be pre-calibrated without load cell connections for zero and full-scale values, and then on-site calibration can be done for deadweight offset and span calibration (single point test weight trim.)