Datum Electronics (United Kingdom) - Press Release: Datum Electronics releases a revolution in strain measurement for dynamic high-stress applications within the automotive industry, simple to install a compliant strain sensor for load, weight, bending and other stresses.
We at Datum Electronics are experts in the design of bolt-on strain solutions for industry and fully focus on our customer’s needs. As a result of a recent customer’s enquiry, we were asked to develop a simple to install bolt-on compliant strain sensor, able to:
- Measure stress and load across all types of vehicle axles;
- Measure stresses upon vehicle structures, subjected to load, bending and similar (likely to be encountered in a multitude of applications);
- Withstand the sometimes highly dynamic forces encountered under such applications during and under live on and off road conditions.
Our highly compliant simple design (patent pending) solves the conundrum of how to measure using a bolt-on sensor in a highly dynamic application. The latest Bolt-on sensor, the “469” series Model, enables Manufacturers to cater for this high level dynamic strain applications with:
- Low cost,
- Highly reliable solution,
- Available in high volumes and
- Easily installed on the line or even retrofitted (should it be needed).
Besides the 469 Model, we provide many OEM bolt-on sensors to industry, according to individual needs and in high production volumes. All of our bolt-on strain sensors are extremely reliable and rugged in design, they remove any need for highly skilled strain gauge expertise. They also require:
- No Gauge adhesives,
- No Soldering,
- No Complex wiring and
- No Worry regarding environmental protection for the harshest of environments, even underwater.
Just Install and Forget!
We also manufacture torque sensors and shaft power measurement products for industry, including from the very small (3Nm) up to the world’s largest torque transducers up to 20MNm.
Want more information about compliant strain sensors? To learn more about standard and custom bolt-on strain sensors and how they can provide a cost-effective and reliable alternative to load cells, please contact our technical sales team. We are always happy to help.