Machine control, statistics, and analytics are managed with an integrated Rockwell Automation CompactLogix® PLC while the high performance Hardy HI 4050CW check weigher controller contributes as a co-processer, generating fast, stable and accurate weight data. The resulting high speed check weighing system can process up to 350 pieces per minute and generate a myriad of process data that is easily shared with any other device on The Connected Enterprise Network.
Using Wide Area Networking (WAN) connectivity, the customer was able to:
- Monitor real-time production trends and process performance
- Set alarms around real time trend data
- Share and distribute TAGS with upstream control systems
- Track and Monitor local changes made on the equipment
- Push down product recipes and operating parameters from a centralized control center
Flexible and highly accurate, the Hardy Dynamic Checkweigher weighs products of virtually any shape or size in containers such as boxes, cans, bottles, rigid shrink-wrapped packages or flexible packages. Items compatible with the system include bagged and boxed sugars, raw meats, fruits, vegetables, chemicals, fertilizers, and consumer packaged goods.