All-Fill Inc. (United States) - All-Fill, Inc., a leading manufacturer of packaging machinery, is seeking an employee to assemble and build crates for machine shipment. The crater will build wood crates and ensure that All-Fill's product is packaged/crated in accordance with the company's best practices and procedures.
- Fabricates wooden crates or boxes using woodworking hand tools and powered tools to then package and crate All-Fill's various products for domestic and international shipment.
- Saws material to size using handsaws and power saws.
- Assembles materials using nailing or stapling machine, screws, bolts, glue and hand tools.
- Maintain equipment including saws, wood, and other tools.
- Places product in container manually or using hoist/forklift. Load and unload by hand as well as with the assistance of mechanical equipment (forklift, pallet-jack).
- Bolts heavy pieces to bottom of container or skid.
- Wraps and pads product for shipment.
- Builds crate around large or odd-shaped articles.
- Operate forklift as needed.
- Attach identification labels containing such information as shipping destination, weight, and type of product contained in crate.
- Help with clean up or other projects as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently or as a productive member of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to life 50 pounds unassisted on a regular basis.
- Ability to use hand tools, both manual and powered.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of carpentry skills.
- Time management.
- Knowledge of forklift guidelines and procedures.
Working 100% of the time in a manufacturing facility setting. Subject to noise from machinery, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Use of safety equipment may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods standing and performing repetitive tasks.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Must have manual dexterity in order to assemble crates as directed.
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires ability to walk, climb, stand, carry materials, stoop, kneel, bend at waist, use hands to finger handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to climb ladder.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m. Overtime required as business needs dictate.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1+ years' experience preferred.
- Technical school training or certification preferred.
All-Fill and Auger Fabrications, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.