All-Fill Inc. (United States) - Scope of Position: All Fill is looking for motivated Electronic Repair and Development Technician for our embedded controllers and related peripheral devices to be used in packaging equipment.
- Support reordering of boards by communicating with external Fab House and when necessary find substitutes for hart to find /obsolete parts & update BOMs.
- Perform diagnosis, repair, verification, testing, calibration, and troubleshooting for all in-house electronic control boards used in All-Fill packaging equipment.
- Identify and resolve control boards' malfunctions, communicating with, Shop, manufacturers, customers, and field service as necessary.
- Complete repairs in a timely and professional manner in accordance with recommended procedures.
- Assist and educate co-workers on assembly, testing, problem-solving, and troubleshooting techniques
- Maintain, repair, program and test the boards and keep logs for reference, using Microsoft Excel and Word software and test fixtures.
- In house assembly of same boards, not farmed out for stuffing.
- Associate's degree in Engineering Technology or certificate of completion from an electronics trade or military school; or a high school diploma and a minimum of four (4) years electronics troubleshooting experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience using electronic diagnosis and repair tools such as voltmeter, oscilloscope, ESD control equipment and soldering tools- specially handling surface mount IC.
- Working knowledge of CAD tools and ability to perform documentation.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex electronic assemblies, including motion control, embedded controllers, and low/high voltage power systems.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, test procedures, assembly drawings, bill-of-materials, and operation method sheets.
- A working understanding of electrical circuits; shielding and grounding, RF and multi-conductor cables; Data communication skills is desired.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Reliable, flexible, detailed, and focused individual self-sufficient in carrying out his/her job responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment where a high degree of flexibility is highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to layout the printed circuit boards using PC Cad layout software.
- Need to be able to use magnifier and perform manual removal and resoldering of SM parts down to size 603 and ICs with SSOP and TSSOP footprint.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with arm; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Travel: There is no travel required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All-Fill and Auger Fabrications, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.