Country Scale & Equipment (Australia) - We have an opportunity for someone to join our team!
We are currently looking for a new staff member to join us as a technician.
Within this role, you will:
- Identify causes of weighing equipment failures
- Disassemble instruments and equipment and inspect components for defects
- Repair and/or replace parts and circuitry
- Test and calibrate weighing equipment
- Service weighing equipment
- Install and set up new equipment in customer’s facilities
- Complete service reports
- Work in the field, either alone or with the team
- Promote and sell services and products – generating sales leads
This position also involves:
- Carrying and lifting up to 20kg hand weights
- Standing and squatting for long periods of time
- Travel long distances
- Working overtime
- Some Saturday work
- Some overnight stay
What you need for this position:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great verbal and written skills
- Experience in electronics, electrical or equivalent professional experience or technical training and basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Ability to think on your feet and show a high level of integrity, honesty and reliability
- Be physically and mentally fit to meet the day to day challenges
- A valid Driver’s Licence
- Forklift Licence would be an advantage
- Light Rigid and/or Heavy Combination Licence would be an advantage
- A current Police Check
You will be trained and supported by a very experienced team of technicians. Training will be provided at our workshop and also out in the field.
This is a permanent full time position.