Hardy Process Solutions (United States) - As a key member of the software development team, you will be responsible for designing and enhancing the embedded software in Hardy products, including the integration of Ethernet, serial, and LAN wireless communication protocol technologies used to configure and control industrial control hardware while collecting and analyzing process data for optimization of the automation process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility for:
- Develop embedded software solutions for multiple real-time applications.
- Collaborate in product requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment.
- Implementation of commercial and industrial wired and wireless network protocols.
- Investigate, analyze, and evaluate software IP, tools, and technologies and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Provide periodic updates on state-of-the-art software design practices, software development tools and processes, and microcontrollers to ensure cutting edge product development.
- Estimate task complexity, schedule, and risk for defined software development tasks.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills):
- Minimum of 5 years in software development.
- Experience with ARM or RISC processors and or DSPs, real-time debugging tools, fixed-point DSP assembly languages, compilers, linkers, JTAG debuggers, and revision control concepts.
- Expertise in the design, development, and integration of communication protocols.
- Development and debug experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) preferably with Keil OS.
- Previous experience with software development projects from concept to production.
- Expertise in at least one area related to process automation, serial or Ethernet network communication, or wireless applications.
- Experience with UI/Web or SQL development and tools.
- Experience with writing device drivers to communicate with multiple SPI, I2C, CAN and Bluetooth devices.
- Experience with designing webserver applications.
- Experience with RSLogix Rockwell automation SW tool would be desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be a team player.
- Familiarity with revision control and stage gate processes.
- To be able to read HW schematic is a plus.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering (CE) or Computer Science (CS), or equivalent degree course.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, extensive computer work and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 15 pounds. Must be able to do deskwork and computer work for extended periods.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Hardy Process Solutions is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)