Hardy Process Solutions (United States) - Hardy Process Solutions is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has been providing customers with weighing solutions for over 100 years and is best known for its innovative technology. The company prides itself on its ability to continuously provide superior product quality and excellent customer support. Hardy, an ISO 9001:2015-certified manufacturer, currently services the food, chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, feed & grain, mining & metal, pulp & paper, oil and gas, power, and general automation industries.
Under limited supervision, this role provides professional installation, troubleshooting, repair, and phone technical support services to customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility for:
- Phone, email, virtual and hands-on installation, troubleshooting and repair of weighing equipment and checkweighing machinery.
- Coordination with Customer Care to handle customer paperwork, order processing, RMAs, etc.
- Performs upgrades and tests on products according to Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) or engineering test procedures.
- Expedites invoices from completed repairs and services. Tracks and reports job expenses.
- Works with management and peers to drive process improvement and technological advancement within the Repair and Technical Support group.
- Supports Hardy sales personnel and channel partners with application and product expertise to develop business opportunities.
- Performs on-site and remote product training to sales personnel, channel partners and customers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Critical thinking – Ability to think in an organized and rational manner to understand the logical connections between ideas and facts.
- Analytical skills – Skilled at gathering and analyzing information to understand complex situations and solve problems.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Hands-on expertise with sensitive analog and digital electronics and networks.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- Two or more years of technical or field service experience or equivalent, including installation, troubleshooting, and repair of electronic industrial weighing instrumentation.
- Proven proficiency in technical customer support. Good communication skills a must.
- Proactive, Follow-Through Mindset.
- Willingness and ability to travel North America by air and land up to 40% of the time as required.
- Excellent mechanical and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Support and follow-through with the process of special order products and RMAs.
- Ability to work from schematics, formal written test procedures and verbal instructions.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as a willingness to learn database software applications. IFS and CRM a plus.
- Willingness and ability to work in industrial environments and use personal protective equipment.
- Ability to use large and small tools and testing equipment.
- Ability to use multimeters.
- Professional familiarity with industrial wiring and equipment safety protocols.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs with assistance as needed.
- Experience in promoting or selling products or services is a plus.
- RS Logix/Studio ladder logic programming a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Experience with PanelView HMI/MMI, Allen-Bradley PLCs/PACs and ethernet networking is a plus.
- Siemens and ProfiNet programming and networking a plus.
- Weighing and scale experience is highly desirable.
Associates, Electronics/Electrical technical training, or related professional experience.
Phone, Hybrid, Office, Work From Home (WFH) and travel to remote industrial sites as needed.
$55,000 - $75,000 - dependent on experience level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds with assistance as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Interested? Submit your enquiry using the form below:
Only available for registered users. Sign In to your account or register here.