Spee-Dee Packaging Machinery, Inc. (United States) - This roll will setup and operate CNC machines using engineering's specifications of complex Filling equipment, to manufacture parts and parts orders. Will measure and inspect completed parts. Will coordinate with other departments, in an effort to foster a work environment centered on continuous improvement, cost reduction, and a positive/productive work environment. This position reports to the Production manager.
- Setup and operator required equipment to manufacture parts along with the ability to do programming edits. (Programming experience with G & M Codes, Conversational or Mastercam would be a big bonus)
- Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds as needed and suggest tooling.
- Identify root causes and corrective action for quality problems.
- Review fabricated part in orders to verify they meet or exceeds quality standards using measuring equipment used in the industry such as calipers, micrometers, height gauge and other measuring equipment needed to complete work.
- Complete assign jobs to be fabricated in accordance with contractual ship date of equipment and parts orders.
- Participate in department processes for continuous improvements.
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Maintain required tools, equipment, materials and work area on a daily basis.
- Complete task with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain and process Job-relate paperwork
- Operator in a QRM and Lean Manufacturing mindset
- Any other work related task you are asked to perform
- Possess sufficient interpersonal skills to effectively interact with persons inside and outside the company.
- Be able to work under stress and handle multiple priorities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Education and Experience/Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional coursework in technical college in the areas of CNC processes/procedures preferred.
- Three years of related machining experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Be proficient in Mastercam and Acad
- Proven ability to read and interpret documents including blueprints, layouts, specifications, procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Working knowledge/experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Proven excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to operate hand and simple power tools proficiently.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees effectively.
Physical Demands Required: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly stand, walk, sit, talk, listen, use hands and fingers, handle or touch, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move from place to place. The employee will occasionally climb, balance, and reach above shoulders. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust.
The employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds to move parts from material storage and move parts in and out of work area.
The employee regularly exposed to fumes, heat, and airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. The use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: welding safety equipment, safety glasses, steel toe work shoes, hearing protection, gloves and protective clothing.
Job Type: Full-time.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calipers: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place