Stevens Traceability Systems (United Kingdom) - Stevens Traceability Systems has an exciting vacancy for a Senior Project Manager to join our Blackburn-based team.
As Senior Project Manager, you will be involved in the planning, preparation, and delivery of projects for Stevens’ niche systems comprising hardware and software. Therefore, experience in delivering technical/software projects would be advantageous.
Stevens is an established company, with a brand that’s served manufacturers for over 160 years. Projects vary and are deployed to our clients in the UK & Ireland in various sectors including food, cash, courier, healthcare, automotive and industrial.
Reporting to the Head of Software and Support, the successful candidate would be required to manage their own projects, as well as two team members.
The role is head office based in Blackburn with travel required for site visits across the UK. The site visits will be to support the in-house sales team and manage the direct reports.
- Ensure projects are managed to the timescales agreed with the customer.
- Ensure projects are completed to the agreed costs.
- Ensure all regulatory standards are adhered to.
- Ensure all internal reporting is maintained weekly in readiness for the weekly management meeting and to attend the meeting if required.
- Meetings with senior management and clients to identify project requirements, delivery timelines, and costs.
- Develop detailed project plans to guide clients, staff members, and project teams and revise based on changing needs and requirements.
- Identifying and assigning project tasks based on the skill sets, experience, and strengths of staff members.
- Monitoring project performance to ensure timely delivery.
- Compiling and submitting project status reports to customers.
- Working effectively with relevant internal departments for efficient project implementation.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience.
- A degree in Project Management or equivalent.
- Proven track record of handing over projects to a satisfactory standard to internal departments.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, customer relations, and communication skills to liaise effectively with all internal departments and external customers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience using CRM systems.
- Highly organised.
- A can-do attitude.
- Team player.
- Experience working in a software or manufacturing business, or similar.
- An interest in software, systems, IT, and manufacturing processes.
- Full-time role, Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- 26 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays.
- Company matched pension scheme.
- Employee Life Insurance which pays out x4 your annual salary.
- The company culture is a friendly, relaxed atmosphere with a small business feel. Everyone knows who everybody is and will happily help you when asked. Food is usually central to socialising, especially when our clients give us goodies.
- Sources of food and drink are also not far from reach as we’re located just off Junction 6 of the M65 motorway close to local supermarkets, coffee, and fast-food chains, as well as Frontier Park services. Blackburn town centre is also just a short drive away.
- We also have a large, free car park for staff.