Thayer Scale-Hyer Industries, Inc. (United States) - Thayer Scale-Hyer Industries, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of equipment for the continuous weighing and feeding of bulk materials for over 70 years, is looking for a full time Production Planner to join our team.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this job title. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
This person should be well versed in Lean Manufacturing tools and concepts, and must be a subject matter expert in production planning, material planning, fabrication, and welding. The Production Planner will develop detailed schedules, production plans, and capacity plans along with complex bills of material. They will be point person for evaluating outsourcing opportunities and vetting potential manufacturing partners. The Production Planner will review engineering release documents for custom-engineered and standard products, and generate material plans, production schedules, and work schedules for both in-house and third-party resources. This person will manage the communication with all functional departments to communicate production-related metrics, including department goals and objectives.
General supervision is provided by the Vice President of Manufacturing.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct & Rules outlined by the Thayer Scale employee handbook.
- Drives fabrication, welding, and material planning function to ensure achievement of manufacturing build schedules/deliveries
- Compiles and monitors daily, weekly, and monthly production schedules
- Utilizes MRP system (Visual) and Lean Manufacturing scheduling tools techniques to manage material and resource capacity constraints
- Processes engineering releases as they are released for Engineering to Manufacturing
- Key point person for fabrication and welding outsourcing initiatives
- Creates, releases, tracks, and prioritizes shop manufacturing work orders
- Identifies and resolves manufacturing work-in-process material issues
- Communicates daily with engineers, supervisors, planning colleagues, and shop associates to ensure execution of production plans
- Interfaces daily with Purchasing to identify and resolve material availability issues especially related to outsourcing activities
- Prepares various production and material status reports
- Supports and communicates information/status at various manufacturing and project meetings
- Work in partnership with purchasing to achieve material and outsourcing best pricing
Other required duties and responsibilities:
- When required, provide assistance to other company staff in completion of their daily duties.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Other company related duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience:
- Manufacturing planning experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Management or equivalent or a minimum of five (5) years related experience
- APICs certification preferred
- Experience with MRP systems such as Visual preferred
Employee competencies are: Job Knowledge, Teamwork, Customer Service, Flexibility and Work Ethic.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts, especially Pull Systems, Flow, and the use of Kanban workflow management tools
- Solid understanding of the material planning tools
- Solid understanding of bill of material concepts and methodologies
- Solid understanding of the proposal process for both material and labor estimating
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office tools; especially Excel Pivot, Vlookup, and formatting tools
- Experience in sheet metal and welding
- Excellent communication and relational skills with a variety of cross-functional personnel
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Products).
- Interpret and apply company policy and rules.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Work safely in industrial environments and abide by company policies.
Physical requirements/work environment:
Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations.
- Reading and writing.
- Communicating with others.
About Thayer Scale:
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, short term and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k) with company match.
Interested? Submit your enquiry using the form below:
Only available for registered users. Sign In to your account or register here.