Laumas Elettronica SRL (Italy) - Press Release: The certification body TÜV Italia has renewed the ISO 14001 environmental certification for LAUMAS for the next three years.
What is ISO 14001 certification?
It is the reference standard for Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and can be applied to organizations of all dimensions and industries.
It is internationally recognized and promotes the integration of environmental management practices into companies’ production processes, from pollution prevention to reductions in the consumption of energy and resources.
What is LAUMAS’s commitment?
We have chosen to go beyond just the management of the environmental aspects of the company structure and to extend our commitment to the entire supply chain and, more generally, to the whole production process.
In addition to complying with the existing rules and regulations on quality, environment and health, LAUMAS is taking concrete action by:
- reducing the consumption of paper used both in office work and in the transmission of manuals;
- choosing suppliers exclusively with “RoHS compliance”, that is which comply with European legislation imposing restrictions on the use of hazardous substances in the construction of electrical and electronic equipment;
- monitoring the environmental performance of suppliers constantly;
- making employees aware of environmental issues;
- managing and monitoring hazardous special waste, using only expressly authorized operators.