The versatile LCA20 load cell weight indicator offers options of 3 digital inputs for Auto Tare, Peak Hold and Reset. In addition, the LCA20 provides two relay outputs for control or alarm functions (for example in crane overhead alarms) and is able to support up to ten 350 ohm load cells. LCA20 features also include a full digital set-up via PC or keypad and 10 point linearisation.
“The LCA20, which takes advantage of new technology, replaces and builds on our previous LCA15 load cell amplifier, provides increased functionality and improved performance,” said Dave Porter, Technical Sales at Mantracourt. “The core design is based on existing, proven technology but it has now been updated to ensure we continue to meet the needs of end-users in the field.”
The LCA20 provides both RS232 and RS485 options for digital communications (including setup) and can support label or ticket printers. Furthermore, the LCA20 is enabled with an easy one-pass calibration and fast setup procedure.
The new LCA20 now supports Mantrabus 1 & 2, MANTRA ASCII 2 and MODBUS RTU protocols. It is housed in a ROHS compliant enclosure and is environmentally sealed to IP65 / NEMA 4 (dimensions 200 x 120 x 75 mm). DIN rail or PCB module versions are also available.
The LCA20 also caters to existing LCA15 users in that it features a full LCA15 emulation mode.
Main features include:
- Full digital set–up using PC or keypad
- 3 x configurable digital inputs e.g. for Autotare, Peak Hold and Reset
- RS485 and RS232 digital data output for communications and printing
- Measurement speeds 10 / 80 samples per sec
- Factory calibration in mV/V
- 5 V excitation supports up to 10 x 350 R load cells
- Fully isolated 4-20 mA and 0-10 V analogue outputs
- 6 wire input to compensate for barrier and cable losses
- 2 set points SPCO relay outputs
- Sensitivity from 0.5 to 7.8 mV/V
- 10 pt linearization
- Firmware now supports Mantrabus 1 & 2, MANTRA ASCII 2 and MODBUS RTU
- ROHS Compliant & Environmentally sealed to IP65 / NEMA 4 enclosure dimensions 200 x 120 x 75 mm
- Supplied in IP65 NEMA4 ABS protected case, stainless steel version or Din rail option see LCB