Thayer Scale-Hyer Industries, Inc. (United States) - Thayer Scale, a global leader in industrial weighing technology, needs an energetic, motivated individual to join our Manufacturing Team. In this role, you will plan and perform painting of all products in the plant. You will also maintain hazardous material disposal and contaminated rag disposal as per company policy. This position will direct and assist others to maintain quality, quantity, work flow and environmental compliance.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this job title. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Works from standard procedures, specifications, production releases, written and verbal instructions. Prepares surfaces for painting by cleaning with acid, sanding, chipping, welding slag, wire brushing, maintains an adequate supply of paint, strainers, thinners, cleaning materials, and other material, as required. Prepares paint for proper consistency for spraying per manufacturers recommendations and VOC compliance.
Supervision is provided by the Manufacturing and Shop Supervisors.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct & Rules outlined by the Thayer Scale employee handbook.
- Works with enamels, epoxies, water borne and other types of paints using HVLP and airless spray equipment, roller, brush or other equipment to apply paint to specification.
- Move material as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervisor.
- Maintain daily paint usage report and filter change log.
- Maintain hazardous material disposal and contaminated rag disposal as per company policy.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a neat orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Submit suggestions for improvements to Thayer Scale
- Utilize Lean management tools to improve departmental procedures.
Other required duties and responsibilities:
- When required provide assistance to other company staff in completion of their daily duties.
- Respond to emergency situations;
- Other company related duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience:
Minimum of one year experience or completion of a vocational school program.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Performance will be evaluated based on five employee competencies, as follows: • Job Knowledge, Teamwork, Customer Service, Flexibility and Work Ethic.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic personal protective safety equipment knowledge.
- Basic technical products knowledge.
- Basic blueprint interpretation knowledge.
- Basic hand and power tool usage knowledge.
- Basic test and measurement equipment knowledge.
- Good communication skills.
- Good people skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Interpret and apply company policy and rules.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Pass a medical physical examination and drug test.
- Work safely in industrial environments and abide by company policies.
Physical requirements/work environment:
Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations.
- Reading and writing.
- Communicating with others.
- Operating industrial equipment.
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Sitting, standing or crouching for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally work on elevated platforms.
- Occasionally lift objects up to 75 pounds.