Thayer Scale-Hyer Industries, Inc. (United States) - Thayer Scale, a global leader in industrial weighing technology, needs an energetic, motivated individual to join our Administrative Team. In this role, you will provide administrative support to our front office and be the main point of contact for customers and visitors. This position will also act as sales administration back-up to our Sales Department.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this job title. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Duties will include general office tasks including answering phones, greeting visitors, process incoming and outgoing mail, data entry, filing, processing work orders and ordering all office supplies. Act as Sales Administration backup to process “new” orders and perform billing for sales & service departments. Work with the various departments within the company to provide administrative assistance.
Supervision is provided by the Materials Manager and Sales Administrator.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct & Rules outlined by the Thayer Scale employee handbook.
- General office duties of answering phones, filing, greeting guests and screening/directing phone calls;
- Provide back-up to Sales Administrator;
- Order all office supplies and maintain office equipment;
- Maintain work area and equipment in a neat orderly condition.
- Submit suggestions for improvements to Thayer Scale
- Utilize Lean management tools to improve departmental procedures.
- Create and edit reports or documents using Microsoft Office products
Other required duties and responsibilities:
- When required provide assistance to other company staff in completion of their daily duties.
- Other company related duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience:
- Minimum of one year experience or completion of an Associate’s degree.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Performance will be evaluated based on five employee competencies, as follows:
- Job Knowledge, Teamwork, Customer Service, Flexibility and Work Ethic.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Basic office procedures.
- Basic phone skills.
- Basic filing skills;
- Good communication skills.
- Good people skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Interpret and apply company policy and rules.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Work safely in industrial environments and abide by company policy.
Physical requirements/work environment:
Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations.
- Reading and writing.
- Communicating with others.
- Operating industrial equipment.
About Thayer Scale:
Thayer Scale – Hyer Industries is a privately held manufacturing & technology company, specializing in the manufacturing of equipment used for the continuous weighing and feeding of bulk materials for a wide variety of industries. The company has one of the longest uninterrupted operating records for engineering and manufacturing specialized continuous weighing and feeding equipment in the United States. Founded in 1949 in a garage in Rockland, Massachusetts and relocated shortly thereafter to the neighboring town of Pembroke on the south shore of Massachusetts, the company has maintained its original business philosophy, product line specialization, and operating structure for more than a half century. Employee turn-over has consistently been very low permitting the company to develop a highly experienced workforce in each functional area of the business. This high degree of stability, continuity of leadership and laser-sharp product focus has been fundamental to the continued technical advancement of our uniquely designed conveyor belt scales and gravimetric feeders. It has allowed the company to grow from its early roots to its position today as one of the global leaders in the continuous weighing industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, std, ltd, life insurance and 401K with company match.