JBT (United States) - The Engineering Systems Architect will be accountable for the focused thought leadership and execution of the cost management, system tech support, and future direction of the various software systems used by JBT PNA Engineering on a daily basis to do its job.
- Break / Fix Accountability: Execute personally or coordinate the tech support for engineering systems including PDM (Product Data Management) systems, CAD systems, and more
- Large Program Management: includes rolling out of software updates at a department / team level, new software installations, new system deployment, continuous improvement, and more
- Manage the contracts and relationships with the core engineering systems providers to drive down costs and maximize value to JBT
- Future Systems Architecture: collaborate with stakeholders to build forward-thinking roadmaps that maximize team efficiency while minimizing costs
- Develop, execute, and maintain training programs
- Productive CAD work / support as needed
Experience and education:
- 4 year technical degree (BSME, BSMET, BSEE, etc)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the design/production of manufactured products as a drafter or engineer using CAD and PDM systems
- 7-10 years of experience in the design/production of manufactured products as a drafter or engineer using CAD and PDM systems.
- Prior experience maintaining or supporting engineering systems.
- Prior experience operating in an IT help desk type of setting.
Technical skills, knowledge & abilities:
- Must be able to work in close cooperation with all areas of the business with a “can do” attitude, a high degree of urgency, and the ability to get things done.
- Able to cultivate and sustain positive professional relationships with external supplier/partners as well as internal cross functional and global peers.
- Trustworthy and able to operate independently with initiative.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the ability to build a program schedule, coordinate resources, and execute a plan.
- Competent communicator with the ability to simplify multi-dimensional, complicated decisions into an easily understood set of decision-driving criteria.
- Able to collaborate with others to conceive, formulate, and present a business case.
Platform, database and equipment operating knowledge preferred:
- Proficient in CAD and 2D drawings systems such as Creo, AutoCAD, and Inventor
- Proficient in PDM systems such as Windchill (strongly Preferred), Vault
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Reporting relationships & direction/guidance:
- This position reports to: Engineering Director
- Number of Direct Reports: 0
Physical requirements & working conditions:
- This role has a flexible work schedule, consisting of both remote and onsite work, however it is not 100% remote. It will require some time in the office, ranging on average from 0-3 days per week or up to 5 if required.
- Some travel will be required, but will be less than 10%
- Urgent ability to respond to outages, troubleshooting, and downtime is required which could extend beyond typical working hours including weekends and holidays, expected to be less than 5% of the time
- Ability to work off-hours or nonstandard times if required to roll out, test, and deploy systems outside of a traditional working day.