JBT (United States) - Design, develop, and supervise all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. Responsible for the design, build, validation, installation, and technical support of controls system hardware and software.
- Develop Control Systems designs. Includes gathering requirements, systems level design, PLC & HMI programming, system validation, and implementation. Includes calculations, design validations, and the use of AutoCAD Electric
- Support customers and corporate functions across the organization with leadership and expertise in the area of electrical and controls design, implementation and support
- Estimate and manage control systems design labor and materials
- Participate in and lead continuous improvement efforts within electrical & controls group and participate in continuous improvement across the organization
- Generate engineering procedures and guidelines and ensure compliance with engineering, company, industry and governmental requirements applicable to electrical and controls and encompassing best practices
- Troubleshoot electrical and controls systems and equipment
Knowledge and Skills:
B.S. Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program or Associates Degree in science or engineering with a minimum of 3 years electrical and controls experience. Knowledge of Rockwell development software used to program PLCs. Knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical software. In depth understanding of applicable North America electrical codes and industry standards used in equipment design including but not limited to UL, CSA, NFPA, NEC and IEC. Understanding of CE Machinery Directive and applicable standards is preferred. Ability to design electrical circuits and panels for industrial equipment and perform electrical design calculations including those applicable to safety circuit ratings.
Knowledge of multiple technologies, products and applications applicable to industrial equipment such as PLCs, VFDs, proximity switches, safety devices, and HMIs. Must be experienced in leading a SCADA design and implementation.
Must be able to work in close cooperation with all areas of the business with a can-do attitude, a high degree of urgency, and the ability to get things done. Good organization and project planning skills. Proven leadership ability. Able to challenge and motivate a technical team to achieve aggressive objectives. Demonstrates proficiency in thinking creatively and project planning and execution.
Minimum of 3 years electrical and controls design and development experience including experience using Rockwell software, designing electrical and controls for industrial equipment, and using AutoCAD Electrical.
Scope of Responsibility/Accountability:
- Design, develop, and support equipment including improvements to existing equipment designs and developing new equipment designs.
- Provide technical accountability and leadership within the electrical and controls engineering staff through the collaborative development of concepts and designs, review of electrical designs and engineering documentation, problem resolution, and troubleshooting of new and existing equipment.
- Ensure compliance with engineering procedures and guidelines, industry standards and practices, and governmental regulations applicable to electrical design of industrial equipment that is designed, developed, and manufactured by JBT.
Able to work independently with minimal supervision and towards high level goals. Some responsibility in mentoring less experienced engineers, service technicians, electrical designers, and contractors. Works closely with customers, Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Aftermarket and Project Management with minimal oversight to achieve project objectives.
Manages engineering design budgets for equipment orders and product line maintenance and development projects. Provides accurate forecasts for completion of work.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Normal working conditions is an office environment. Provisions for flexible hours and working remote are available. Required to work in manufacturing, vendor and customer facilities utilizing appropriate PPE for the task. Travel up to 25% including weekends and holidays, on occasion, as necessary.
Lift up to 50 lbs. Production environments including high heat and humidity as well as low temperatures.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.